▪ A position in a fully funded research group, the funding package covering salaries, consumables, services, travels, as well as access to the core facilities of neighboring research institutions and biotechnology companies in Heidelberg.
▪ An initial term of two years, with the possibility of prolongation for up to two additional years.
▪ An exciting research opportunity in a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment.
There is flexibility over starting dates, but successful applicants are welcome to take up post starting May 1, 2021
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds – academia and industry – and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
▪ Please apply online at apply.bio.mx
▪ As part of the online application procedure, you will be asked to submit:
- A competitive project proposal that gives us an idea of your scientific expertise and creative potential (3-5 pages describing an interesting core hypothesis, scientific rationale, and a unique experimental approach). Proposals building on very original ideas supported by first experimental findings are particularly encouraged;
- Your curriculum vitae including your publication record.
▪ Deadline for applications: January 3, 2021.
▪ After a first selection round, candidates will be invited to a five-day innovation boot camp in Heidelberg (or virtual if pandemic regulations do not allow onsite meetings) from March 8 to 12, 2021. With guidance of experienced mentors, candidates will jointly work on their project proposals and present them in front of a jury on the final day. Successful candidates will be offered a position at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg, Germany.