Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Application/Support Scientist - Europe
Union Biometrica currently has a position open in our European office in Belgium for an applications and support scientist.
- As an Application Scientist, you will develop a deep technical understanding of the products, customers, science projects and markets that our products get used in. You will get to apply this scientific and product knowledge both during and after the sales process.
- You will collaborate internally with Sales, Applications, Service, Manufacturing, and Engineering colleagues to help identify and develop new markets, features and products.
- Identify client requirements and translate them into solutions and tasks.
- Build and maintain an effective network of clients/accounts/prospects.
- Give presentations at scientific meetings and develop and defend scientific posters/presentation at conferences.
- Interact with scientists discussing new applications in emerging markets.
- Write scientific and technical notes related to new applications and collaborate with customers on scientific publications.
- Travel 50%-60% of the time mostly within Europe.
- You have a degree in Biology or related Life-Science experience.
- Market and customer-oriented attitude with an affinity towards applied scientific research
- Experience in flow cytometry is a strong plus.
- Creative and able to integrate knowledge and new ideas from scientific literature and other scientific sources.
- You have good communication skills, can work both independently and with teams, and can explain solutions and results clearly.
- You are fluent in English, additional European languages, particularly German, is a plus.
- You would work out of our demonstration laboratory located in Aalst, Belgium.
Union Biometrica is a privately owned, equal-opportunity employer. We offer a competitive pay and social package based in Aalst, Belgium. This opportunity presents a chance to participate in a young and growing company, working in a creative scientific atmosphere, with technologies that have no competitors and that make a significant contribution to the world of life-science research and discovery.
Established in 1998, Union Biometrica is the pioneer in the development, manufacture, distribution and support of Flow Cytometry systems for the screening of “large” particles such as cell clusters, organoids, large fragile cells, beads used in combinatorial chemistry libraries, small seeds, and for small multi-cellular organisms. Union Biometrica’s proprietary COPAS and BioSorter cytometers and VAST BioImaging systems are helping accelerate scientific research in areas such as genetic and compound screening, functional genomics, target identification/validation, stem cells clusters and in-vivo toxicology screening. These products allow researchers to analyze, sort and dispense objects with high precision and speed.
Send a letter and resume to:
Director of Sales/ Business Manager-Europe