Currently, we are looking for a Bioinformatic Software Developer to support the growth and ambitions of our company. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in bioinformatics and computer science looking for a job in a team-oriented and multi-disciplinary biotech environment, working on improving research and diagnostics in oncology.
The bioinformatician will work on the development of software tools for our targeted gene sequencing technology in oncology applications. You will have the opportunity to explore new technology platforms and develop and update NGS pipelines for internal use or for our kit customers. In addition, you will be responsible for optimizing the computing infrastructure at Cergentis, to improve the quality and efficiency with which Cergentis is able to process NGS data for customers that use our services.
· Optimizing existing NGS pipelines and design novel pipelines for use in a production setting
· Develop and maintain an internal Graphical User Interface for the analyses we perform in our service-based business
· Design and implement methods to automate NGS data processing
· Be involved in the design and development of pipelines for use in a clinical diagnostic setting
· Strong background in the field of bioinformatics and computer science with a demonstrated interest in biomedical science
· Working knowledge of programming in at least one of the following: R, Python, perl with strong linux and unix-skills
· Comfortable working on the development of a user-friendly interface for data processing
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
· Experience in setting up production level analyses pipelines
· Pragmatic attitude, work very precise and catch on quick
NICE TO HAVE’S
· Experience with modern source control (Git) and records of code maintenance
· Experience with docker/singularity or similar
Working at Cergentis means working in an international and exciting environment with opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. We are a young and dynamic team of talented people from all over the world. Our company culture is best described as informal - where hard work and team spirit are considered very important. We offer a responsible job in a fast-growing company where you will have the chance to make an impact in oncology research and diagnostics.
Cergentis is a privately held genomics company based in Utrecht, The Netherlands active in the exciting field of oncology and next generation sequencing. It is our mission to improve the quality of genetic research and human healthcare. We provide services and kits based on our proprietary Targeted Locus Amplification (TLA) technology to leading diagnostic labs, research institutes and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. In short, TLA enables rapid, cost-effective, complete next generation sequencing of genes of interest and provides critical advantages in genetic (cancer) research and diagnostics.
Interested? Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com