We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated bioinformatician to join our team. He/she will be involved in the execution of current and new projects, focusing on the generation of new AAV-based vectors targeting different diseases. The aim of these projects is to develop new product candidates for clinical testing.
The bioinformatician will use current bioinformatics techniques as well as develop novel and innovate computational methods supporting the identification of new vector elements to optimize vectors for specific target tissues. This includes the identification of new transcription regulatory elements (promoters/enhancers) for vector design, as well as targets for rational capsid design and capsid selection from library screens. The bioinformatician will provide impactful bioinformatics support to the Vector development and nonclinical development teams, and performs statistical analysis of biological data sets in vitro/vivo.He/she will have a unique opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary projects with colleagues from MeiraGTx Amsterdam, London and New York. He/she is reporting to the Head of Vector Development.
The Bioinformatician is responsible for bioinformatics analysis and the use of computational analysis to screen for disease/tissue/target specific vector elements supporting the development of optimized AAV gene therapy vectors. The Bioinformatician plays a key role in the selection of sequences that optimize the expression of therapeutic genes in the tissue of interest.
• PhD degree in computer science/bioinformatics/biostatistics or related discipline.
• A good understanding of gene regulation and experience in pathway analysis
• Expertise in NGS data analysis, particularly gene expression profiling,and identification of active transcriptional regulatory elements.
• Experience with Python/Perl/R/Matlab/other relevant data analysis platform.
• Familiarity with DNA sequence analysis.
• Experience with the statistical analysis of molecular data.
• Knowledge of NGS technologies.
• Skilled in effective communication of complex concepts and data to non-experts.
• Flexible, positive, and professional attitude
• Gene therapy experience and know-how
• An understanding of the role of signalling pathways and molecular targets in human disease.
• Ability to offer novel insights in the development of AAV-based therapeutics in heart and/or inflammatory diseases
• Experience working in a gene therapy company with similar responsibilities is a plus
• Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
MeiraGTx Netherlands offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. We allow you to grow within an organization that encourages talent, and that supports the development of its employees and fuels excellence. We are project focused and have built a culture with a high degree of personal empowerment. Our energetic and enthusiastic employees participate in and influence the long-term growth of MeiraGTx.
MeiraGTx Netherlands B.V. is an Amsterdam based biopharmaceutical company developing local gene therapy for different indications. The company specializes in the development of viral gene therapy vectors, in particular adeno-associated virus (AAV) based therapeutics. Our goal is to develop potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. Several product candidates are in the discovery and development phase. Meira GTx Netherlands B.V. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MeiraGTx Holdings plc. With sites in New York, London, Shannon and Amsterdam, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
To apply, please send your full resume and motivation by e-mail to Anouk Veneboer, manager operations, e-mail: Anouk.Veneboer@meiragtx.com
/ Address: Paalbergweg 2, 1105 AG Amsterdam, The Netherlands. For questions related to the position, please contact Sabine van der Sanden (Head vector development: Sabine.firstname.lastname@example.org
MeiraGTx Netherlands B.V.