In this position you will closely collaborate with several research institutes in the Netherlands and generate leads, develop projects and partnerships. Their activities range from fundamental research to developing technologies.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Create alliances with and between academic and industry
- Market analysis and valorisation of new developments in oncology
- Maintain and manage contact with multiple stakeholders
- Be the specialist in one of the following fields:
A successful business development professional finds synergies between different parties. At our client, partnerships are key – whether internal, external or interdisciplinary. This will require you to leverage your knowledge of both oncology and your overview of the oncology market, the funding landscape and your business development skills. The position requires broad insight about activities in oncology and drug discovery, the current landscape in pharmaceutical clinical trials and marketed drugs, biomarkers, diagnostics and devices, as well as detailed understanding of research agreements, patent and clinical development strategies.
Qualifications / Skills
- A Master’s degree and a background in life science, a PhD in life science is considered as a big plus
- Between 5 and 10 years of working experience in a business development role in life sciences
- Advanced knowledge valorisation processes
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, prospecting and closing skills
- Fluency in English is required, Dutch is considered a plus
- Enthusiastic and easy connector with excellent negotiation skills
- Commitment, confidence, perseverance, self-starting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player
- Multi-tasking and prioritization capability
Our client is an independent institute specialized in oncology, located in Utrecht. They are dedicated to get new treatment methods into the clinical phase as quickly as possible. The institute is creating a team of valorisation experts including experienced and highly educated business development professionals.
For further information about this position and application you can contact Ingeborg Emmerzael, +31(0)6 11 48 37 93 or Ingeborg@primerprofessionals.com