Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Chemical Design Engineer
Are you a proactive, pragmatic, ambitious teamplayer and looking for a challenging chemical job in a multidisciplinary multinational R&D organisation? Get in touch with us!
Chemical Design Engineer
32-40 hours per week, hybrid in Venlo (NL)
What You’ll Do
As chemical design engineer you are part of multidisciplinary development team within a project or component. Our chemical design engineers work on the heart of our printer products, the print process and its consumables (like ink). Translating the product and application requirements, customer feedback and legal aspects into chemical designs and technical requirements. Close collaboration with the hardware development and print process development is leading to solving multidisciplinary challenges to come to the right quality and reliability of our very innovative products.
You’ll be responsible for:
- solving technical challenges in our product development process in the field of,
- polymeric materials
- multi component systems
- dispersion technology
- material science.
- specifying, delivering, and verifying the chemical design requirements
- developing and verifying your concepts with experiments on test setups or modelling.
- Developing a (chemical) design from lab to manufacturing
Who You’ll Work With
Our international organization has a flat hierarchy, so you’ll be working with lots of other people in an open, creative multidisciplinary environment. That includes our other departments, designers, developers, and architects
- We’re looking for a team player who has:
- You have a Master degree or PhD and a technical education, preferably Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or alike
- Strong technical background and eager to learn
- Capabilities to solve complex physics/chemical/material challenges using experimental and modelling approaches
- Outstanding people management skills - ability to influence and motivate people. Team builder with strong planning/project management skills, a pro-active attitude and experienced in extensive stakeholder management
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and a strong drive for results
- Proven work experience in product development is a pre – max of 5 years proven experience in technical design and a proven track record in successfully influencing and inspiring people and teams.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English – verbal and writte
We provide an exciting, dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for you to develop personally and professionally. We offer excellent conditions to help you be who you want to be:
- a competitive salary (range €3400 - €5500 gross per month)
- 38 vacation days
- commuting allowance, standard end-of-year bonus equal to one month’s salary, and vacation pay (8%)
- options for hybrid working for a healthy work-life balance
- a laptop and smartphone
- a huge range of training and professional development opportunities
For this role we are specifically looking for young people who have the ambition to become a future technical leader within our R&D. You will start your career in one of the departments of Printing Process & Consumables and during your assignment you will get to know our organization and technologies, and we expect you to further develop your skills. We will ensure that you get challenging assignments and sufficient support (i.e. training) that fit to your personal growth. Possible career path could be: lead designer, lead engineer, team lead, architect, project leader, quality engineer, production engineer, chemical analysis experts.
The position is based at R&D of Canon Production Printing in Venlo, the Netherlands
Want to know more about working as a chemical design engineer within Canon Production Printing
Contact us via LinkedIn, e-mail, mobile and visit our team @ our R&D site in Venlo!
We are a global leader in digital imaging, industrial printing and collaborative business services. Our mission is to accelerate new digital print technologies and transform them into local printing products and services for blue-chip multinationals around the globe and creative studios around the corner. We operate as a vast global network of R&D centres to connect emerging digital print technologies to future markets.
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.