Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Fellowship or Analyst position at a Leading European Venture Capital firm
The Analyst or Fellow will be part of a highly motivated team and will work with all senior Partners of the firm on dedicated projects, primarily related to new investment opportunities and/or existing portfolio companies. S/he will be pro-actively involved with deal sourcing and deal flow pipeline. This person will participate in due diligence, assessment of scientific and product development plans, analysis of markets and competitive environments, evaluating and benchmarking business models, and landscaping of therapeutic areas/indications.
The Analyst or Fellow will formally report into one of the senior Partner(s), who will provide regular feedback and support for personal & career development.
S/he will be performing deep dives into technology areas and markets to support future investment theses. This person will be actively involved in supporting Forbion’s current and future portfolio companies, and as such will be exposed to entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds, expertise, and networks. Overall, s/he will gain an exciting platform to advance his/her career within the biopharma investment community and develop into an established investment professional within the life sciences venture capital industry.
• Deal flow sourcing at scientific and industry conferences, through building relationships with entrepreneurs and via network of peers at other venture capital firms.
• Support the deal flow selection & evaluation process.
• Assess the viability of new investment opportunities; including structuring and executing due diligence processes (science, clinical, development, commercial, organizational, legal/IP and financial).
• Support in structuring and negotiations of (new) investments.
• Drafting necessary investment documentation for discussion in the Forbion Investment Committee.
• Attend webinars, events or conferences and summarize key conclusions.
• Supporting the Partners at Forbion in general and conducting ad hoc projects as they arise.
The position will be based in Naarden (near Amsterdam), the Netherlands.
ProfileFor these positions we are seeking highly-motivated, result-oriented, proactive, energized self-starting team players, with strong working ethics and good organizational and multi-tasking skills. S/he combines an exceptional academic background in a life sciences’ related field (PhD or MD qualification), a broad knowledge base of the life sciences/pharma industry, a passion to make an impact and outstanding interpersonal skills. Furthermore, s/he is initiative, driven, result-oriented and decisive personality with a high level of autonomy and integrity.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
• University degree in life sciences from a leading institution combined with a Ph.D. or M.D qualification.
• Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to understand the scientific, technical, business and financial aspects of life sciences investment opportunities.
• In-depth understanding and experience in digging deep into facts, issues, and data with the ability to interpret those, collate findings and draw adequate conclusions from his/her work.
• Strong financial modelling skills with advanced command of MS Excel. Ability to quickly master new tools, and to find relevant information on both the internet and in proprietary databases.
• Outstanding communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise way and to adapt communication style to different audiences.
• Fluent in both spoken and written English with a strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely, any other languages are a plus.
• Ability to lead and influence, and interest and ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams.
• Refined interpersonal and cross-cultural skills. Ability to work in a culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability.
• Trustworthy, respected person with the ability to convince across all levels and functions in the organization through using force of arguments, personal credibility, energy, and dedication.
• Entrepreneurial mind with a strategic view and capability to recognize the big picture and at the same time be pragmatic, hands-on and have an accurate working style with a “can-do”-mentality.
• Capability to balance priorities of a broad portfolio of project activities based on operational, business, and resource criteria and experience in handling a high volume of activity simultaneously to achieve key objectives.
• Ability to produce quality materials within tight time frames.
• Aptitude in developing networks and working relationships and establishing credibility with key stakeholders and KOLs in the industry.
• Apparent, visible potential to grow into more senior positions.
• Deep motivation to work in life sciences venture capital, a long-term commitment to the firm, and with a passion for healthcare.
For a dynamic and entrepreneurial professional, this is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading life sciences investment team with a long and strong track record in Europe, new funds recently raised, and with a portfolio of investments in Europe. S/he will have great exposure to experienced investment professionals, industry experts and biotech executives.
Forbion offers a tailor-made package of remunerations and benefits.
Company profileAbout Forbion
Forbion is a leading European venture capital firm that works closely with entrepreneurs to build life sciences companies with technologies and products designed to transform patients’ lives.
Forbion’s current investment strategy focuses on building successful drug development companies that look to fulfil meaningful clinical unmet needs. The geographical focus is on Europe and North America and the investment portfolio will consist of:
1. ‘Build opportunities”: companies that are launched and funded by the Forbion team in close collaboration with entrepreneurs and advisors;
2. ‘Growth opportunities’: preclinical- or clinical stage companies that require capital funding for further development up to clinical proof of concept (and beyond).
Forbion’s investment team is well established and recognized as one of the leading European life sciences venture capitalists. The team has built a substantial successful track record in identifying high potential innovation across the life sciences sector, providing capital, expertise and networks to accelerate product development and commercialization resulting into successful exits for its portfolio companies. To date, Forbion manages an exciting life sciences investment portfolio and is actively pursuing new investments. For more information on Forbion please visit the website www.forbion.com.
Forbion is offering a unique career opportunity for either a Fellowship or Analyst position to become an ambitious investment professional looking to gain direct involvement with life sciences investing.