Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
The Investment Analyst will support the investment team in sourcing, assessing and evaluating investment opportunities. The position provides an exciting, varied and dynamic challenge for an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter, who works on own initiative with (light) supervision. Key responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include deal flow analysis and due diligence, which include analysis and evaluation of (pre)clinical data, (pre)clinical and regulatory strategy, technical and scientific development and strength of IP position as well as market research. The Investment Analyst will formulate his/her assessments to the benefit of the investment team of Thuja. The Investment Analyst will also represent and be involved in the scouting for novel investment opportunities by interacting with university tech transfer offices, and attending conferences, venture contests etc.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and will be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is the Investment Analyst's ambition to grow to the level of Investment Principal within a timeframe of a few years. The Investment Analyst will have excellent communication skills and is able to formulate clearly. Based on his/her experience, he/she will have an established industry and/or academic network. It is considered an advantage for the candidate to have relevant industry experience (e.g. working at a pharma, biotech or medtech company, a VC or in a consultancy role).
The Investment Analyst will work at least 2-3 days per week at the company’s office in Utrecht (NL) and will be available for occasional travel.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Source, screen and assess investment opportunities within the fund’s investment focus
• Interact with investment prospects
• Perform an analysis of the scientific and medical merits, conduct market research, competitive analysis, and select due diligence tasks
• Gather information through interviews with scientific, clinical and industry experts
• Perform financial analysis (Excel)
• Provide support in the preparation of investment proposals and other aspects of the investment process
• Represent Thuja at conferences, venture contests etc.
• Provide support for the supervision of portfolio companies and in our efforts to develop and grow their business
• Support, build and expand the existing network of universities, incubators and research organizations
Profile• MSc degree in a life sciences discipline (scientific, engineering or medical), plus an MD or PhD, or equivalent working experience
• Several years of relevant industry experience is considered a strong advantage
• Outstanding analytical skills, keen eye for details, proactive and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills, team player
• Written and spoken fluency in English and a second language (Dutch, German or French preferably)
• Strong knowledge of standard office software including advanced Excel skills
Benefits• An inspiring working environment with a diverse team, dealing with innovative companies, with the aim to impact healthcare and contribute to the innovation ecosystem
• Competitive salary
• Long-term bonus incentive
• An opportunity to grow and become part of the partner group in due time
Thuja is a Dutch venture capital firm with several funds under management. We invest in exceptional healthcare start-ups developing promising innovative (bio)pharmaceutical, medtech or digital health products to impact the lives of patients globally. Thuja prides itself by providing capital to daring entrepreneurs and supporting them along the way to grow their businesses. In order to live up to that promise, the Thuja team consists of seasoned and highly motivated investors and entrepreneurs with a proven track record. Please have a look at our website to learn more: www.thujacapital.com.
As our new EUR 75+M fund, with a focus to invest in companies based in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, is nearing a final close, we are seeking to expand our team.