CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency specialised in chemistry & life sciences.
For our client TNO Sustainable Process & Energy Systems we are searching for a Junior Lab Technician Gas Treatment and Conversion.Keywords
Do you like to be in the lab and are you technical savvy? Do you want to be involved in sustainable energy? This is the perfect opportunity for you!
- B.Sc. Chemistry/Process Technology
- Maintaining, repairing and upgrading laboratory set-ups
- Process Laboratory
The energy sector and the (chemical) industry are in a transition towards: the use of new feedstock, the use of renewable energy, process and energy efficiency, introduction of circularity and, of course, carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems works on these transitional topics.
Their core technical expertise is Gas- Treatment and Conversion, Separation technologies, Bio-based Building Block synthesis and Energy Conversion & Storage. They work for- and with (renewable) energy and chemistry companies and in a network of international knowledge partners.
Some typical projects/programs they are working on:
With an increasing work stock, we are looking for a junior lab technician who wants to work on the topics of Carbon Capture and Utilization and Synthetic Fuels. You will be part of the lab team that builds setups and performs measurements in the lab and at our clients for our projects.
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
- You have a B.Sc. in e.g. chemistry, process technology;
- You have at least 1 year of working experience in a process laboratory environment or similar;
- You have worked with pressurised flow systems and twin ferrules couplings;
- You understand the challenges of developing technology that needs to be scaled up;
- You have a good mastery of the English language, both verbal and written;
- You have affinity with Carbon Capture and Synthetic Fuels;
- You have experience with Labview and pressurized and vacuum systems.
The position is best suited to an enthusiastic person with the following characteristics:
- You have a very hands-on mentality, and are very comfortable with working in a lab
- You are handy with analytical instruments but also with building setups using eg.
- You can work independently in lab environment
- You are comfortable in maintaining, repairing and upgrading laboratory set-ups
- You are able to set up measurement equipment for tests and performing, analyzing and reporting the experiments
- On site measurements (in Europe) are part of the job, so travelling should not be an issue.
The diverse background in (bio-)process engineering, gas capture and treatment, and thermal energy at TNO gives them a strong position to work towards a sustainable industry and society. Together with their partners, they set the goal to create new technologies and processes that benefit people & our planet, without compromising profit.
Three areas of their current interest are:
- Green chemistry, where they look at utilization of biobased feedstock for production of chemicals and at sustainable chemical processing, e.g. electrochemical conversions.
- Gas treatment, which provides solutions, for the production of renewable gases (biogas, syngas, hydrogen, etc.) and for the capture and utilization of CO2.
- Thermal energy, which covers both energy conversion to heat (and back) as well as heat storage.
Within these areas they create optimised & efficient processes, develop high-performing prototypes, and transfer their knowledge so their partners and clients will gain that competitive edge. This can take the form of sub-systems, but also of complete, integrated setups. In addition, they can arrange benchmarking and test compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.