Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Junior Technician Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Synthetic Fuels
Carbon Capture Synthetic Fuel Labview
JobCLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency specialised in chemistry & life sciences.
For our client TNO Sustainable Process & Energy Systems we are searching for a Junior Technician Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Synthetic Fuels.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Chemical Engineering or Process Technology
- Pressurised flow/vacuum systems/twin ferrules couplings
- Carbon Capture/Synthetic Fuels
- Scale up
Some typical projects/programs we are working on:
- Carbon capture and carbon (re)use technology development and piloting;
- Hydrogen as a carbon-free fuel and feedstock;
- Electrification of the industry;
- Biomass valorisation: biogas as a fuel and feedstock, biomass conversion to aromatics.
ProfileThe ideal candidate would have the following background:
- B.Sc. (HBO) or Master in e.g., Process Technology or Chemical Engineering;
- At least 1 year of work experience in a process laboratory environment or similar;
- Experience with pressurised flow systems, vacuum systems and twin ferrules couplings;
- You understand the challenges of developing technology that needs to be scaled up;
- Experience with Labview;
- Affinity with Carbon Capture technologies and Synthetic fuels;
- Fluent in English.
We are looking for someone who enjoys developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems, by combining the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a pragmatic approach. You like to work in projects that are challenging and can have strict deadlines. You have good interpersonal skills and proactive communication.
Are you the team player we are looking for?
Days of leave: 33
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
Intention to get a TNO contract after 1 year
Company profileThe diverse background in (bio-)process engineering, gas capture and treatment, and thermal energy at TNO gives them a strong position to work towards a sustainable industry and society. Together with their partners, they set the goal to create new technologies and processes that benefit people & our planet, without compromising profit.
Three areas of their current interest are:
- Green chemistry, where they look at utilisation of biobased feedstock for production of chemicals and at sustainable chemical processing, e.g. electrochemical conversions.
- Gas treatment, which provides solutions, for the production of renewable gases (biogas, syngas, hydrogen, etc.) and for the capture and utilisation of CO2.
- Thermal energy, which covers both energy conversion to heat (and back) as well as heat storage.