We are currently looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral scientist to strengthen our team and lead an ongoing multiyear drug discovery project called BrichosPharm which is partly funded by EurostarsTM and is geared towards modulating BRICHOS for an Alzheimer’s Therapy.
A track record in running projects that require protein production, biochemical assays and structural biology (X-ray crystallography/NMR) is a requirement.
You will work with minimal supervision and will effectively cooperate with other research groups at ZoBio. Team spirit, excellent organization and communication skills are essential.
• Lead an ongoing multiyear project.
• Responsible for planning and performing of all the experimental work with periodic reporting to the ZoBio management/funding agency/collaborative partners.
• Close interaction within various research groups at ZoBio and with external partners involved in the project collaboration.
• Maintain up-to-date understanding of the state-of-the-field.
• You are also expected to contribute to other projects at ZoBio.
• PhD in relevant field with 1-2 years of experience in an industrial or collaborative setting.
• Experience in recombinant protein production and characterization from E.coli. Experience with stable isotope labeling is a plus. Hands on experience with chromatography systems such as AKTA, Biorad is essential.
• Experience with structural biology methods (X-ray/NMR) for protein-ligand interaction is necessary.
• In-depth knowledge of enzyme activity measurements, including both theory and practice is required
• Able to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
The appointment will be for an initial period of 12 months with a possibility to extend.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is available immediately; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of March 2020. We prefer to fill this position as quickly as possible.
ZoBio (www.zobio.com) was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, The Netherlands. ZoBio offers innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 26 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry.