Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
The Principal and will work in close collaboration with the Investment Manager and Investment Analyst will as such have a role of intermediate seniority in the investment team. He/she will be deeply involved in sourcing, assessing and managing investment opportunities. The position provides an exciting, varied and dynamic challenge for an enthusiastic and motivated professional. Key responsibilities of the Principal include growing into a leadership role in the processing of deal flow, ranging from analysis, due diligence up to and including the actual investment (supervisory board role, active support). He/she actively scouts for novel investment opportunities interacting with our partners, e.g. university tech transfer offices, UMCs and knowledge institutes, and beyond. The Principal will also externally represent Thuja and help to build the Thuja brand in novel geographies.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is the Principal's ambition to grow to the level of Investment Manager within a timeframe of a few years. The Principal will have excellent communication skills and is able to formulate clearly and take leadership. Based on his/her experience, he/she will have an established professional network, preferentially extending into Germany or Belgium. The successful candidate will have relevant industry experience resulting in proper appreciation of the development of therapeutics or medical devices.
The Principal will work at least 2-3 days per week in the company’s office in Utrecht (NL) and will be available for occasional travel.Main tasks and responsibilities
• Source, screen and assess investment opportunities within the fund’s investment focus
• Take a leadership role in the team and execute the various steps of the internal investment process, which includes due diligence and thorough analysis, up to and including the deal terms negotiations and contractual aspects
• Take positions (as a director or observer) on behalf of Thuja in supervisory boards, and provide active support for portfolio companies to develop and grow their businesses
• Represent Thuja at conferences, workshops, venture contests etc; support, build and expand the existing network of universities, UMCs, incubators and research organizations.
Profile• MSc degree in a life sciences discipline (scientific, engineering or medical), plus an MD or PhD, or equivalent working experience
• At least 5 years of relevant industry experience (in pharma, medtech, biotech, VC, consultancy) providing a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of the particular space we and our portfolio companies work in
• Outstanding analytical skills, keen eye for details, proactive
• Excellent communication skills, team player
• Written and spoken fluency in English and a second language (Dutch, German or French preferably)
• Strong knowledge of standard office software including advanced Excel skills
Benefits• An inspiring working environment with a diverse team, dealing with innovative companies, with the aim to impact healthcare and contribute to the innovation ecosystem
• Competitive salary
• Long-term bonus incentive
• An opportunity to grow and become part of the partner group in due time
Thuja is a Dutch venture capital firm with several funds under management. We invest in exceptional healthcare start-ups developing promising innovative (bio)pharmaceutical, medtech or digital health products to impact the lives of patients globally. Thuja prides itself by providing capital to daring entrepreneurs and supporting them along the way to grow their businesses. In order to live up to that promise, the Thuja team consists of seasoned and highly motivated investors and entrepreneurs with a proven track record. Please have a look at our website to learn more: www.thujacapital.com.
As our new EUR 75+M fund, with a focus to invest in companies based in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, is nearing a final close, we are seeking to expand our team.