CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency specialised in chemistry & life sciences.
For our client Janssen Vaccines & Prevention we are searching for a Program Management Leader.As Program Management Leader (PML) you are responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated, end-to-end (E2E) compound development plan. As a core member of the Compound Development Team (CDT) or Research Team, you provide cross-functional operational and program management leadership for the development of therapeutic products or non-interventional healthcare platforms, from target validation to life cycle management.
In addition to the PML accountabilities listed above, you also have a Clinical Program Management Leader role where you utilize best-in-class Clinical program management support to provide end-to-end oversight of the Clinical program strategy, and management for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated Clinical development plan. You provide Clinical cross-functional operational and program management leadership for the Clinical programs for therapeutic products or non-interventional healthcare platforms, from NME declaration to life cycle management.
- Establish the CDT strategy in alignment with the organisational objectives. Contribute to and co-ordinate compound strategy updates over time; provide context and history to new CDT members/stake holders;
- Drive the CDT to meet their goals by providing superior global cross-functional operational leadership and management in a matrix organisation, facilitating issue identification and resolution, problem-solving, risk management, contingency planning and decision-making;
- Manage the CDT in a manner that fosters and maintains a high performance team culture; at the direction of the CDTL, chair CDT meetings and represent the CDT to the Company at large, governance meetings, co-development partnerships, and external meetings such as Health Authority or Advisory Meetings;
- Lead and direct the integrated PMT to plan, execute, control, report and close-out all program related work across all functions (e.g., integrated program budget, risk, timeline, resource, and stake holder management). Accountable for the alignment between CDT, TA, and Portfolio plans such that the forecasted benefits of the program are achieved. Find opportunities for leveraging investments and creating value, including external innovation or partnerships;
- Work with standard budgeting and forecasting models to specific compound needs in collaboration with CDT/PMT partners; identify trade-off options and novel approaches to exploring technical risk and accelerating compound development;
- Manage CDT and PMT information, documentation, and team communications to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of the CDT strategy and operational status throughout the Company and between co-development partners and/or other external partners. Employ and help shape the reporting processes and tools.
- Establish the Clinical strategy in alignment with the organisational objectives. Contribute to and co-ordinate Clinical strategy updates over time; provide context and history to new CT members/ stake holders;
- Co-lead the CT. The Clinical Leader/ Global Medical Leader drives strategy, and the CPML leads the team to operationalise that strategy (including scenario planning, stage gate approvals and setting priorities) and optimise the Clinical plans to ensure all activities are aligned with the Compound Development Team goals and objectives. The CPML ensures documentation of Clinical team meetings, key decisions, action items and cross functional communication (e.g., SharePoint, Teamworx);
- Partner with cross functional leads (TA, GCDO, Statistics, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomarkers, Clinical Supplies, Global Medical Safety, Finance, Regulatory) at the Clinical program level to assure end to end Clinical program oversight; and to identify and mitigate risks and issues in order to maintain quality, timelines, resources and budget;
- Partner with the Program Co-ordinator (PC), Finance and the PMT to manage the overall Clinical program planning and budget (FTE + OOP) on an ongoing basis as well as during business plan cycles.
The ideal candidate has preferably a PhD in life sciences and at least 5 years of relevant industrial or business experience. Having a professional project management certification (PMP) and/or diploma is a strong asset. You have experience in project management, team leadership, and/or functional line management. You have the ability to work with cross-functional teams and to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority in a matrix environment. Record of successful governance body and/or stakeholder management is highly preferred.
Full time strongly preferred, 36 hours discussable. Longer-term possibilities, whilst not guaranteed, are anticipated.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
Interested? Send us (CLS Services) a detailed curriculum vitae, accompanied by an application letter indicating your motivation. Please use our online application form.