Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
PROJECT MANAGER - DRUG DISCOVERY
PROJECT MANAGER in preclinical DRUG DISCOVERY and development
This is how you will make a difference:
With your knowledge of and experience in preclinical drug discovery and development, you will support projects towards the development of new (pre)clinical therapeutics (small molecules and antibodies). Your projects will be directed towards the discovery of medicines for many different disease indications, of which viral infections might be overrepresented. With support of the Management team and project leads, you are responsible on a day-to-day basis for the management and follow-up of timelines, budgets, administration, grant writing, reporting and high level follow up of the scientific progress. You will also be involved in the alliance management for our collaborations, especially with our industrial partners.
What you bring:
• A PhD in a biomedical field (e.g. biomedical sciences, bioengineering, pharmacy) or equivalent through experience;
• A clear view on the process of drug discovery up to a preclinical candidate stage
• Several years of research experience with (small molecule) drug discovery activities (or relevant equivalent experience), in a company or in an academic environment is preferred;
• Experience in a project management or coordination function and experience in collaborating with academic groups or biotechs is a plus;
• You are a team player who can operate independently, but is used to work collaboratively. You are accurate and quality oriented;
• You are pro-active, and can handle deadlines and pressure;
• Your enthusiastic character allows you to be diplomatic and persuasive in communication with both industry and academic partners.
• Communicative and fluent in English. Dutch or French are considered as an asset.
What’s in it for you:
As Project Manager you will receive significant responsibility to support the advancement of the projects under your wings and you are actively contributing to the success of the organisation. Doing this in a team of skilled professionals you will be a valued member of a flexible and scientific led organisation. Besides, the organisation offers:
· Base salary tailored to experience;
· A bonus - personal performance, a bonus - company performance;
· Full hospital insurance, and group insurance;
· Meal vouchers
· Homework allowance, and hardware.
CISTIM (Center for Innovation and Stimulation of Drug Discovery), in a hand-in-hand collaboration with CD3, is supporting innovative research in order to promote the discovery and development of new small molecule and antibody therapeutics in collaboration with academic research groups. Embedded in the Bio Incubator at the Health Science Campus at Leuven, Cistim is located at the heart of a fast expanding knowledge area with international ambition.