Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
QC Analytical Scientist
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos.
As QC Analytical Scientist, you will join our Quality Control team and be involved in method optimization and validation. The techniques used include flow cytometry, PCR, immunological assays, luminescence, microscopy, etc. We aim to implement state-of-the-art automated (rapid) assays that fit our point-of-care model. You will use your knowledge and experience to ensure that the QC methods are compliant and suitable for this model. You will also provide support and expertise to the Analytical Development (AD) team during the method development stage, prior to validation. Your work will directly improve the product release strategy allowing more patients to be treated.
- Design and perform method validation
- Perform method transfers to our point-of-care facilities
- Provide support for the development of new methods
- Trend assay performance
- Monitor QC results generated in-house and at the point-of-care facilities for completeness
- Supervision and coaching of technicians
- Perform laboratory investigations
- Provide SME support to the point-of-care facilities
- Write protocols and reports
- Write procedures, deviations, change controls and CAPAs
Who are you?
- PhD degree in life sciences, biotechnology, or related discipline
- A broad knowledge in flow cytometry, cell-based assays and PCR
- Experience with troubleshooting instruments and methods
- Knowledge of microbiological methods is a plus
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company in a quality control setting
- Knowledge of GMP, ICH guidelines, pharmacopeia and regulatory requirements
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Self-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and in the US, headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines, we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We pioneer for patients. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happener’.