Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
R&D project leader sample preparation technology
Qurin is currently recruiting an experienced R&D project leader to manage the development of our sample preparation technology for liquid biopsies which will be used in combination with our biochip assays for in-vitro diagnostic purposes.
JobRole and responsibilities
The R&D project leader sample preparation technology is responsible for the development of a sample preparation device suitable to process relatively large volumes of urine to enable highly selective analyte detection on our biosensors. You will join the operational team and will manage Qurin’s product development activities both by performing own research projects (wet lab experiments) as well as managing the development of (parts of) the sample preparation technology at our valued partners.
The R&D project leader sample preparation technology will work closely with the Qurin R&D project leader and research scientists for biochip development as well as the PCR lab. The R&D project leader will assist in the acquisition of grant projects and will assist maintaining the planning, budgeting and administration thereof. You will assist in patent applications of novel technology and will maintain an overview of (novel) competing technologies.
Education / Qualifications
- Preferably hold a master’s or PhD in biomedical sciences, biomedical engineering, chemistry, analytical chemistry, molecular biology or related field.
- Knowledge of sample preparation methodologies related to liquid biopsies (urine, blood etc.) for molecular diagnostics
- Preferably affinity and experience with development of microfluidics and sample pre-processing for use in (molecular) in-vitro diagnostic detection systems
- Preferably a multidisciplinary background and able to work with complex (microfluidic and optical) technical laboratory test-setups
- Preferably experienced in working with DNA or other bioassays
- Thorough working knowledge of analytical chemistry
- Affinity with design and engineering
- Ability to efficiently plan, manage and execute R&D projects
- Good IT skills in, e.g. MS Office is essential and MS project is preferred, for planning, tracking, communicating and reporting.
- Strong analytical and planning abilities, results oriented, hands-on, flexible, pragmatic, respect for quality and compliance, proactive and able to anticipate and resolve conflicts/issues, reactivity to emergent needs, able to prioritize, time management.
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Team player, social attitude, good communication skills
- Project ownership attitude
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Preferably fluent in Dutch but at least in English.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in R&D project management and performing research
- Hands on experience designing and executing wet-lab experiments including literature research as well as clearly reporting results and conclusions
- Experience with selective capturing of analytes, and sample concentration techniques
- Demonstrated experience of successful development of (parts of) diagnostic products is a pre, especially molecular diagnostics.
- Experience in development of sample pre-processing technology for diagnostic products is a strong pre.
- A multidisciplinary team with many opportunities for personal and professional development
- Work on the development of state-of-the art diagnostic technology
- Work on a topic with societal impact
- Dynamic work environment
- Friendly and social workspace
- Competitive salary
- Potential to grow
- Opportunity to expand you network
Company profileQurin is a Dutch scale-up biotech company. Qurin was founded in 2016 based on the outcomes of a Dutch collaborative research program of the University of Twente and the VUmc Cancer Center Amsterdam. It is our mission to change cancer diagnostics and treatment radically by diagnosing cancer in an earlier stage and thereby significantly improving the chances of survival and quality of life of cancer patients. Together with leading partners and KOLs in the field of oncology, nanotechnology and datamining, Qurin Diagnostics is developing a revolutionary, low threshold nanotechnology-based biochip platform for (early) diagnosis, monitoring and personalized treatment of cancer using urine as a liquid biopsy. Qurin intends to develop and register her PCR assays as well as biochip assays as (CE) in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) products in combination with the Surfix (CE) IVD based technology platform based on the Lionix Triplex aMZI waveguide technology.
ContactInterested in this position? Please apply by sensing you CV and cover letter to Leonie de Best, COO, via the 'Apply now' button. We are looking forward to your application!
R&D project leader sample preparation technology