As a Research Associate (RA) within Scenic Biotech you will work within a team on drug target discovery and validation programs. You will actively participate in project planning and carry out wet lab experiments largely independently.
Responsibilities and abilities
• Perform drug target validation experiments (e.g. cellular, molecular biology and biochemistry based);
• Establish cell based screening assays;
• Generate mutant cell lines using CRISPR/Cas9;
• Contribute to performing “Cell-Seq” experiments;
• Generate written and oral reports;
• Assist and support scientists in their projects.
Qualifications and experience
• Minimal HLO/BSc education specialized in e.g. Biomedical, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry;
• 3-5 years of professional wet lab experience in research environment (academic or industry);
• Broad experience in designing, optimizing and using diverse molecular biology, cell biology and biochemical assays;
• Experience in working with an electronic lab notebook (ELN) is a plus;
• Experience with genome editing is a plus;
• Working proficiency in English: written and oral.
• Flexible and highly motivated team player able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines;
• A highly structured way of working and meticulous lab notebook keeping;
• Likes to work efficiently and have multiple experiments running in parallel;
• Broad biological interest in metabolic diseases.
• Employment for 32-40 hours/week;
• A stimulating environment with the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that together is building the company from the ground up;
• Attention for personal development;
• The possibility to contribute to the development of novel therapeutic products for patients;
• A competitive remuneration package, including sharing in the success of the company.
At Scenic, we are pioneering the field of genetic modifiers for rare genetic diseases. Using our revolutionary target discovery platform, we can systematically identify genes that suppress the detrimental consequences of a disease-causing process, unlocking new biology on a daily basis. With our diverse and international team (~20), we created a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment, where we work together to investigate these genes as potential drug targets and translate this into the development of innovative and new drugs. The lead program for the development of a small molecule in the immuno-oncology space is the result of this approach and additional exciting programs in other indications are in progress.
We are passionate to make a difference and are currently recruiting highly motivated talents with various backgrounds to be part of our innovative journey towards the identification of drug targets and development of new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with an urgent medical need. Scenic Biotech is located in Amsterdam, one of the most vibrant European cities and is consistently ranked among the worlds’ cities with the highest quality of life.
Do you want to join our team as our new Research Associate? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Scenic Biotech B.V.