Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Research Associate, Biochemical Analysis
Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Your new team at Genmab
You will be part of the Research Materials department. A close connection of four teams that together focus on fueling Genmab’s discovery pipeline by supplying the base elements for the projects: the research materials. Our challenge is to deliver these at predictable and fast timelines and high user-friendliness. This vacancy is part of the Protein Supply & Analytics team. This team is responsible for the purification and biochemical characterization of Genmab’s therapeutic antibody batches. We constantly seek to improve existing techniques and to implement new analytical techniques.
Your new position
- You perform experiments using a wide range of modern biochemical techniques in a number of simultaneous projects.
- You work closely with scientists and other research associates in multiple expertise teams.
- You document and report the results.
- Most of the work is performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and therefore require a high degree of accuracy.
- You contribute to the optimization and efficiency of our team.
What we ask
You are keen and motivated to use your up-to-date knowledge of-, and experience with biochemical techniques to strengthen our team. You are precise and accurate in the execution of experiments, interpreting the data, and in the documentation of the results. You have good communication skills, a service-oriented attitude and are able to deal with changing priorities and unexpected workload. You like to work in a team, but you are also capable of working independently.
In addition, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed an MLO or HLO/BSc in biotechnology, biochemistry, life sciences or related field of study.
- You have 1-2 years of relevant experience in protein analysis and data interpretation, preferably analysis of antibodies.
- You are familiar with the most commonly used biochemical analysis techniques like Absorbance Spectroscopy, Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Native), Capillary Electrophoresis (CE-SDS) and Analytical Chromatography (HPLC), Endotoxin determination (LAL), conjugation of proteins with different (fluorescent) labels.
- You are able to work with tight deadlines and are capable of running several projects in parallel and adjust priorities appropriately.
- You are motivated by delivering high quality output and are used to working according to a quality system.
- You have an interest in software, automation and data handling.
- You have professional business level English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You have an affinity to work in an environment related to the release of protein batches.
Learn more and apply today at: Research Associate, Biochemical Analysis (myworkdayjobs.com).
At Genmab we strive to improve the lives of cancer patients by creating and developing innovative antibody therapeutics. With four marketed products and a robust pipeline of differentiated antibodies, Genmab is working to transform the treatment of cancer.
We are motivated by knowing that our work has the potential to make a real difference for cancer patients and their families. Our culture values innovation, determination, teamwork, and integrity. We work cross-functionally and internationally as one global team, while individuals and local teams have the autonomy to drive the development of innovative products and technologies that could provide next generation cancer treatments. Please refer to our homepage www.genmab.com/careers for more information about working at Genmab.
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a contract for indefinite time regardless of seniority.