Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Research Associate, Cell & Molecular Science
Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
As a Research Associate in the Cell and Molecular Sciences team (CMS), you will work with highly motivated colleagues supporting the organization with state-of-the-art molecular biology tools and capabilities. In collaboration with other teams we are continually improve our drug discovery and antibody panel generation processes, initiating the development of ground-breaking medicines for cancer patients. In your innovation projects, you will combine novel and cutting-edge molecular biological technologies with our proprietary formats and platforms.
The CMS team is part of the Antibody Discovery Technologies department, providing state–of-the-art molecular biology expertise and technologies to the Research organization within Genmab.
- Your up-to-date practical skills in molecular biology supports our Technology Innovation research within the ADT team.
- You closely collaborate with colleagues and will work on the implementation of novel technologies that will improve the development of therapeutic antibody products
- Projects you will work on may include:
- Library and display technologies (Mammalian/Yeast/Phage).
- Single B cell cloning using microfluidics.
- Epitope mapping and lead optimization using library based technologies
- You record scientific results in electronic notebooks, reports and presentations
- You are pro-active, creative, self-critical and eager to learn.
You are experienced and passionate about working with techniques in the field of molecular biology. You are enthusiastic, creative and determined. You have the ambition to further develop your skills in molecular biology and are driven to work with colleagues on the development of new antibody-based cancer medicines.
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or a related discipline
- Affinity with technology and setting up new technology
- Broad practical experience with molecular biological techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR and vector design
Candidates with practical experience (acquired either in academia or industry) in any of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Microfluidics, including cell encapsulation and/or emulsion PCR
- Phage, yeast or mammalian display
- NGS sequencing including library prep and analysis
- Directed evolution/affinity maturation/ DNA library design