RESEARCH Scientists – Animal model systems
Join us in developing breakthrough therapies for genetic disorders.
New gene therapies are revolutionizing the way we treat genetic disorders. At NTrans Technologies, we’re driving a true transformation with our proprietary technology platform into preclinical and clinical development. Our team is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about delivering on our mission, who tackle challenges fearlessly, and who embrace innovation and creativity.
We seek a research scientist to support a dynamic and international research project focused on the development of novel gene editing therapies for genetic muscle disorders. As a member of our team, you will contribute to optimizing and validating the efficacy of lead candidates in one of our key programs.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• In vivo assay development, qualification, and validation in animal disease models.
• Develop and validate gene editing strategies using CRISPR-based gene editing tools.
• Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including qPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis, ddPCR and other plate-based assays.
• Perform basic biochemistry processes and assays, including protein extraction, protein gel electrophoresis, western blots.
• Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including cell culture, transfection, FACS, and cell-based assays.
• Work in compliance with all appropriate laboratory, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Supervise technician(s) as needed.
• Careful documentation and sharing of your results with our team.
Who you are
• PhD degree
• Article 9 competency diploma
• Experience working with rodent models
• Experience with cell culturing techniques is a plus
• Willingness to travel between Utrecht and Leiden locations
• Strong verbal and written English skills
• Able to work both independently and with a collaborative and diverse team
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Excellent communication skills
Why you’ll love working with us
• Work with dynamic and young team
• Opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies and new therapies
• Learn a unique approach to gene editing
• Work on an international and collaborative project
Appointment: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Starting date: March/April 2020
Duration: One year, with possible extension
Location: Utrecht/ Leiden
About NTrans Technologies
NTrans Technologies develops innovative therapies for genetic disorders and oncology applications. Every day, we work to translate our gene editing technology into life-changing therapeutic applications. Our lead program targets mutations that cause Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and is at an advanced stage of preclinical development; and our oncology program has the potential to develop personalized treatments for cancer patients.
Mail your motivation letter, together with your CV in English to Marco de Boer (email@example.com
). NTrans Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity
and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
Utrecht & Leiden
NTrans Technologies BV