The Discovery Biology department of Acerta Pharma, part of the AstraZeneca Group, in Oss is growing! To strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced Senior Associate Scientist. Acerta Pharma is a ‘science-driven’ organisation; together we have one goal: developing new oncology medicines that make a huge difference to patients’ lives.
Are you experienced in developing and performing molecular biological experiments? Are you a scientific go-getter always striving to achieve the best results? In addition you value the prospect of working in a close-knit and dedicated team?
If so, read on and apply today!
Senior Associate Scientist
Fulltime (40 hours) 32 or 36 hours per week is negotiable
As a Senior Associate Scientist you have a broad, independent lab function within our Discovery Biology group in Oss. From your knowledge and experience as a Scientist with various techniques such as CRISPR, RNAi, cell culture, you support the discovery of novel targets for cancer therapies. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Biology lab and also with the Medicinal Chemistry team. Together, you are committed to developing new haematological oncology medicines that make a difference to patients' lives. You will also be in contact with colleagues from the Haematology and Early Oncology Discovery Sciences groups at AstraZeneca in Cambridge (UK) and Boston (US).
What will you be doing?
· You will plan and execute experiments in the lab on a daily basis.
· You will develop methods and use various techniques to identify and characterize novel therapeutic targets and compounds for haematological oncology.
· You will also contribute to the setting up of biomarker assays for the target in question in order to study the effect of pharmacological modulators.
· You analyse your data critically and make proposals for possible follow-ups.
· You actively participate in project and work meetings with fellow biologists and chemists of both Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca. You share your data, actively participate in discussions, ask positive critical questions and come up with proposals and/or new ideas to continue progress in the projects.
· You provide and produce accurate and well-organised laboratory data, worksheets and reports in an electronic lab journal in accordance with the quality management system of Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
What do we ask of you?
· You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Molecular Biology, (Bio)Medical Sciences, or related study complemented by at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience. (PhD is overqualified for this position).
· Experience with molecular biological techniques (CRISPR/Cas9, siRNA, qPCR, immunoblotting) is a must.
· Experience with cell-based methodologies: flow cytometry, cell proliferation assays. Knowledge of cancer biology.
· Competencies: Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced collaborative environment enjoy working with great accuracy, can think independently, you are reliable and a real team player. And you are pro-active by nature!
· Fluent in English. It is an advantage if you speak Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch.
You are currently living in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
· The opportunity to develop yourself further within this position into a more senior role with more responsibility.
· A dynamic, innovative, international working environment, where you can be part of the development of new medicines that can make a difference to patients' lives.
· The opportunity to work in a dedicated team where you can learn a lot from each other. The team spirit is very good!
· The opportunity to work with your international colleagues in the Biosciences and Discovery Sciences in haematology and oncology at Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca in the UK and in the US.
· Good salary and benefits including 8% holiday allowance, 25 holiday days on a full time basis. Collective pension with a fixed percentage own contribution, bonus scheme. Well-being of our colleagues is important to us, therefore you can become a gym member with an offered discount or participate in our bicycle plan.
· We offer you a one-year contract with the intention of extending this to an indefinite period after one year.
At our international headquarters in Oss, over 60 colleagues are working hard to develop new treatment options for patients with specific types of (blood) cancer. Together with our colleagues at our American subsidiary in San Francisco, we are committed to innovative drug research and development, especially in the field of hematological oncology.
We work closely with AstraZeneca, which acquired a majority stake in Acerta Pharma in February 2016. In the meantime, we have approval from both the US (FDA) and the European Regulator (EMA) for our treatment for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). In addition, AstraZeneca and Acerta Pharma are collaborating on a large number of other innovative medicines with small molecules and biologic drugs to treat certain oncological diseases.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your English CV. For this, go to the apply button at the bottom of this vacancy. You can upload your CV and cover letter at the bottom of the second page.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen, Maaike Willems) can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or on +31(0)85 - 047 0244.
Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated.