Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
(Senior) Research Associate, Antibody Discovery
Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Your new Role at Genmab
Antibody Discovery is part of the Research Materials department/cluster. Our main goal is to fuel Genmab’s Discovery pipeline by supplying the base elements for all projects. Our challenge is to deliver these at predictable and fast timelines and high user-friendliness.
In the role of (Senior) Research Associate in Antibody Discovery team, you will work with highly motivated colleagues supporting the organization with state-of-the-art Molecular and Cell Biology tools and capabilities. Within this team, you will directly contribute to one of the key processes within the organization, the generation of new antibody panels. Furthermore, you will be involved in providing Molecular Biology and Technology expertise to the research departments that will further characterize and develop the discovered antibody clones.
• With your up-to-date knowledge and practical experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques you will be responsible together with our team, for the generation of antigen and antibody tools to feed the Antibody Discovery process.
• You work closely together with research associates and scientists in various projects within the team and ensure efficient handover of data and materials with other stakeholders in the organization.
• You work in the lab in an organized manner and strive to consistently generate and develop high quality tools.
• You are responsible for the team’s project planning and use your strong communicative skills to align with timelines from other teams.
• You safeguard and document the team’s resources and logistics.
• You document and report the results in an organized and concise manner.
• You contribute to the optimization and implementation of new equipment and processes.
• You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and can adapt to a dynamic environment.
What we ask
You are enthusiastic about molecular and cell biology. You are proactive in your way of working and focused on achieving goals. Furthermore, you enjoy working in a team and communicate fluently in English. Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
• You have a BSc (HLO) or MSc degree in Molecular or Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or a related discipline.
• You have hands-on experience with cell and molecular biology techniques like plasmid design, PCR, cloning, bacterial cultures, and in particular recombinant protein expression by transfection of mammalian cells.
• You have experience in culturing suspension and adherent cells.
• You have hands-on experience with flow cytometry and subsequent analysis.
• You have affinity for immunological techniques such as immunostaining & Western blotting
• You are a self-critical thinker with an eye for detail.
• You possess an eagerness to learn and develop yourself professionally.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to work in an inspiring environment leading an ambitious and, committed team. You will be given a warm welcome and we will host a nice onboarding program for our new colleagues, helping you get acquainted with Genmab and the team.