Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
(Senior) Research Associate, Protein Separations & CMC Research
Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Your new team at Genmab
Our team is responsible for supporting CMC development through all stages of clinical progress with particular focus on our proprietary DuoBody platform technology. We constantly seek to improve our capabilities on screening and defining efficient strategies of antibody purification. We perform process characterization to define suitable and robust operating ranges, mostly for chromatography and TFF steps. We perform biochemical analyses on antibody products and support development of project specific HPLC-based methods. We constantly seek to improve on existing techniques and to introduce new technologies for process development.
Your new role
- You will perform screening and process development for antibody products.
- You will perform process characterization studies, primarily on the DuoBody process platform.
- You will perform and optimize biochemical analyses for antibody products.
- You contribute towards having efficient technology transfers to CMOs.
- You work closely with scientists and other research associates in multiple project teams, primarily in late-stage research projects.
- You present results in a clear and understandable manner. You document your findings in presentations and written reports.
- You contribute to continuous optimization and innovation within our team, where scouting for new (high-throughput) technology opportunities is key.
What we ask
You are keen and motivated to use your up-to-date knowledge and experience with protein purification techniques to strengthen our team. You are precise and accurate in the execution of experiments and in the documentation of the results obtained. You are pro-active and solution-oriented when results do not meet expectations. You have good communication skills and are able to deal with changing priorities and/or unexpected workload. You are a team player, and capable of working independently.
In addition, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed HLO/BSc education or equivalent. Master degree is an advantage, but not required.
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a relevant industry.
- You have experience with CMC research using both preparative and analytical methods. Experience with DoE approaches is an advantage.
- You have broad knowledge and experience with preparative protein chromatography techniques (e.g. affinity, ionic and others) and with TFF process design and optimization.
- You understand the common challenges behind downstream process scale-up and are able to design suitable process scale-down models.
- You are a proficient user of relevant software in this field such as UNICORN, Empower and JMP (or equivalent).
- You are motivated by delivering high quality output and are used to working according to a quality system.
- You are able to work with tight deadlines and are capable of running several projects in parallel and adjust priorities appropriately.
- You are a strong team player and collaborate effectively with internal and external parties (e.g. CDMOs) to support continuous process development and characterization.
- You have good relational and communication skills in English.
Learn more and apply today at: (Senior) Research Associate, Protein Separations & CMC Research (myworkdayjobs.com).
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a contract for indefinite time regardless of seniority.