The department of In vivo Pharmacology, Toxicology & DMPK is responsible for outsourcing preclinical studies to predict the safety and efficacy of our new drugs. Our team with seasoned scientists work in an inspiring interface of pharmacology, toxicology and DMPK. As a member of this team you will play an essential part in the preclinical evaluation of antibody-drug conjugates, monoclonal antibodies and new chemical entities (NCEs).
You will be responsible for designing, outsourcing and overseeing in vivo PK/ PKPD studies and ADME in vitro and/ or in vivo studies to characterize activity-exposure relationships. By interpreting DMPK data and using modelling and simulation you direct and support clinical candidate nomination and clinical dose projections. All in close collaboration with the Byondis non-clinical team members, especially from toxicology and bioanalysis, and with Study Directors at contract research organizations. This requires up-to-date knowledge regarding technological developments in the DMPK evaluation of (bio)pharmaceuticals and regulatory expectations for such studies. You will represent DMPK in multidisciplinary teams on discovery, early and late development projects. You have the ability to initiate and manage interdisciplinary collaborations and ensure that key nonclinical data, information and priorities are integrated into overall strategy of project teams. You report directly to the director In vivo Pharmacology, Toxicology & DMPK.
· At least three years work experience in a similar role preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
· A PhD in Biomedical sciences, Pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacokinetics, PKPD or related disciplines
· Hands-on experience in design, execution, reporting and interpretation of DMPK or toxicity studies.
· A good understanding of NCE or therapeutic protein drug development.
· A background in in vivo toxicity studies for drug development is a plus.
· A team-mindset with excellent communication skills (verbal and written in English and Dutch), and scientific writing skills.
· A flexible and pragmatic approach.
· Ability to efficiently communicate and collaborate with non-clinical R&D colleagues and to external collaborators
· Good skills in PK/ PKPD analysis using software, e.g. Phoenix WinNonlin.
· A pro-active approach while showing excellence on the content, ability to handle different projects and topics in parallel.
· Initiative to get tasks accomplished and a creative and pragmatic approach to issues which arise.
We are looking for a person who can clearly explain and communicate internally or to our partners the context, objectives and intended design of our experiments. Your curiosity and enthusiasm in digesting and interpreting DMPK data will be welcomed. We offer you a dynamic working environment where values as integrity, authenticity, entrepreneurship, quality and trust are very highly regarded.
Information and application
Contract hours: 32-40 hrs/week, preferably fulltime
Salary: depending on experience
Around the world there are still people suffering from diseases for which no adequate medical treatment has been found.
For them we search, research and innovate in some of the world’s most advanced research facilities with the most talented people.
Byondis focuses on development of innovative medicines, including antibody-drug conjugates, in two key therapeutic areas: oncology and autoimmune diseases.
We provide a fair, human, open and inspiring working environment, with room for ambition, entrepreneurship and new initiatives - leading to innovative medicines with the potential to transform patients’ lives.
Byondis is based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, where close to 350 staff work at our state-of-the art biotech campus.
We are interested in result-oriented people with a sharp mind and entrepreneurial spirit, who can contribute to our ambition to provide solutions to the healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
For further information, please contact Ruud Ubink, PhD, Director In vivo Pharmacology, Toxicology & DMPK, at tel. +31 (0)24 679 51 00. If you are interested in joining Byondis in this challenging position, we welcome your application via the apply button.
Please send your application before 25th June. The first round of interviews will take place on 1st July and the second round of interviews will take place on 6th July.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated.