Would you like to receive the latest vacancies in your e-mail box? Create a job alert based on your keyword(s) and preferences.
Senior Scientist, Vector Development
We are seeking a highly skilled, innovative and motivated Senior Scientist to join our team. He/she will be responsible for development and optimization of innovative approaches to improve expression and potency of therapeutic gene therapy vectors in the MeiraGTx pipeline.
The Sr. Scientist will be expected to demonstrate technical/scientific leadership, and to oversee the generation and experimental validation of innovative approaches to improve AAV-based vectors. He/She will present results and updates at project team meetings, and maintain accurate and well-organized documentation of experimental methods and data. There is a unique opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary projects with colleagues from MeiraGTx Amsterdam, London and New York. He/she is reporting to the Sr Director Nonclinical Development.
The Sr Scientist will be responsible for design and execution of studies to improve AAV expression cassettes, ensuring completion of project tasks within project timelines. She/he can work independently, as well as manage a small team of technicians. He/She will demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought in suggesting experimental design, new technologies and research strategy to improve AAV-based vectors. She/he will be the molecular and viral subject matter expert to support the Meira NL vector production team.
• PhD plus 6 years’ experience as a postdoctoral researcher/scientist, preferably in a Biotech/life sciences company.
• Experience with supervision of technicians and instruction of project members.
• Demonstration of strong research experience in Molecular virology, preferably gene therapy Vectorology, AAV biology or AAV-based gene therapy.
• Hands-on experience in engineering complex plasmid constructs.
• Hands-on experience in molecular biology assays, such as DNA/RNA extraction, purification, quantification, PCR amplification, gel electrophoresis, restriction digestion, gel extraction, ligation, NGS as well as sequence analysis.
• Ability to develop new techniques and methodologies as dictated by research need and introduce new technologies or methods to the team.
• Ability to stay current with the scientific literature and state of the art, as well as interpret literature results in light of new findings.
• Independence in problem solving and advancement of projects within agreed upon timelines.
• Accurate, pro-active and well-organized.
• Good documentation skills, writing and reviewing SOPs, work instructions, study protocols and study reports.
• Flexible, positive, and professional attitude.
• Proficient in English.
• Familiarity with generation of barcoded library’s is a plus.
• Familiarity with data analysis environments such as R, and/or experience collaborating with bioinformaticians/computational scientists.
• Familiarity with fair data procedures.
• Experience with vector production and characterization.
• Experience working in a gene therapy/biotech company with similar responsibilities is a plus.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment.