Senior Technicians Immunology, Cell Biology and Pharmacology
You will work in a small team of PhD scientists and senior technicians, and participate in:
• Development and validation of cellular, immunochemical and biochemical assays
• Pharmacological in vitro studies with CIT-013 and patient blood samples
• Mechanism of action work
• Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements
• Supporting general laboratory activities
• Presentation of experimental results and writing of development reports
• Full-time positions only (40 hours per week)
Competencies, qualifications and skills
• BSc (HBO) or MSc (WO) degree in life sciences or related discipline
• One, two or more years of experience in a biotech or pharma company is preferred. Highly experienced and motivated academic research technicians are also invited to apply
• A good understanding of human and rodent immunology
• Experience with assay development of cellular and immunological techniques like ELISA, flow cytometry and immunofluorescence microscopy
• Experience with blood processing, mammalian cell culture
• Proven excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English
• You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven
• You like to work in the environment of a dynamic biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful
• You are or will be allowed to work in the EU
• Applicants without a permit to work in the EU or NL will not be considered
Citryll is a young and dynamic company, located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands. Citryll is taking a new approach to treat human diseases including autoimmune diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and others by specifically extinguishing the source of autoimmunity and organ damage instead of broadly suppressing the acquired chronic inflammation.
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs), are part of the innate immune defense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead tACPA (therapeutic anti-citrullinated protein antibody) CIT-013 program binds to N-terminal citrullinated epitopes on histones present in NETs and interferes with NET formation, function, and clearance downstream of the protein citrullination pathway. Inhibition of NET formation reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators and protection of endothelial lining and organ tissue.
Citryll has nominated a clinical development candidate CIT-013 that is being developed towards a proof of concept phase 1b clinical study which is scheduled to enter clinical development in 2021.
In Oss, the birthplace of many blockbuster drugs including the most successful PD1 antagonist antibody, we conduct various R&D elements of the CIT-013 programme. This includes mechanism of action studies, research on new therapeutic use, bioanalytical assay development, clinical sample testing and pharmacological studies on patient neutrophils and whole blood.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter to Dr. Renato Chirivi (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Also, you can use this email address for informal enquiries about this vacancy before applying. Please Note:
Your personal information including your email address and CV will be kept on file during the hiring procedure but will be permanently deleted from our systems at the latest after 2 months of receiving it. We can not consider recruitment agencies, please refrain from contacting us through email, phone, WhatsApp or LinkedIn or any other means.
Pivot Park in Oss