Our scientific team is currently looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic hands-on technician (or equivalent) to support our preclinical drug discovery pipeline. Within this role, the technician (full-time or part-time) is responsible for protein production, purification, and characterization. In addition, the technician will aid in the development and optimization of (coagulation-specific) biochemical assays and will be involved in technology transfer of assays to support our external operations. Experienced candidates may take on more advanced roles within the company.
- Cell culture: mammalian cell line development, maintenance, protein production
- Protein purification: Ultrafiltration, HPLC
- Characterization: SDS-PAGE, Immunoblot, ELISA, enzyme kinetics
- Specialty coagulation assays: PT, APTT, CAT, ROTEM
- Writing or reviewing technical protocols and reports, presenting data to the group
This position is open for HLO graduates (BSc) or university (MSc) graduates with relevant working experience in life sciences or chemistry. PhD graduates with equivalent training / experience are considered as well. More experienced candidates will be considered at a higher level. Relevant experience in mammalian cell culture and protein purification/characterization is mandatory.
- Being flexible, analytical, proactive, well-organized, autonomous, and open-minded
- Happy to work in a small team
- Should enjoy managing multiple projects and learning new techniques
- Experience in coagulation/hemostasis
We offer you a highly dynamic job in an interesting environment. You will be working at our headquarters in Leiden and in collaboration with external research groups. VarmX offers full-time employment, competitive salary, 25 holidays, contribution to pension, travel reimbursement and ample training opportunities.
About our company
VarmX was founded in 2017 and is expanding its operations in order to support the development of its lead compound and drug discovery pipeline. The core of the scientific team is formed by our CSO, professor emeritus Pieter Reitsma and Senior scientist Daniël Verhoef, plus a to-be-hired technician. VarmX maintains a close scientific collaboration with the group of Dr. Mettine Bos (Leiden University Medical Center), who is an emerging leader in the field of Thrombosis and Hemostasis.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position by sending your CV and motivation letter to the address below.