Business Development Manager
Successful candidates have a high degree of regulatory and clinical industry knowledge, as well as being an expert in selling solutions to Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Devices companies. He/she will build market position by networking, locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing opportunities. Accordingly, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will cultivate long-term partnerships with clients with a focus on consistently increasing market share and achieve sales revenue growth.
Full-time (40 hours per week); in office/home office - with frequent travelling.
Roles & responsibilities
The BDM is accountable and responsible for generating new opportunities and growing sales with (new) clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industry. He/she is responsible for the relationships and management of new customers including and not limited to the following activities:
- Identify prospects by research, generate new leads, open for cold calling to prospective clients
- Responsible for initiating client meetings, account management and active networking within the account
- Develop client relationships and drive revenue within existing accounts
- Serve as an industry adviser to clients in terms of Regulatory Medical Writing projects
- Accountable for sales and business strategies including competitor analysis
- Responsible for marketing and promotion material in collaboration with the Marketing department
- Frequently travelling to new potential as well as existing customers to have face-to-face meetings
- Generate on a frequent basis a report with sales activities and progress
- Participating in professional organizations; trade shows and networking events
- An enthusiastic team player
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
BA or BS preferred although equivalent experience will be considered.
3-5 years related to business development experience in Life Sciences and consulting.
Skills & competences
- Negotiation, conflict resolution, customer service and closing skills
- Prospecting techniques
- Sales planning
- Solution selling techniques
- Territory management skills
- Market knowledge
- Presentation and communication skills
- Have a team-oriented attitude
- Act/behave professionally with a client focus
Excellent written and verbal language skills in English - Dutch (C1 or better) will be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary package and company car/car allowance.
EMTEX is an independent and compact company that offers professional medical writing services all around the world to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food and medical device industry. We have a long track record in supporting our customers with dedicated services, increasing value by writing high quality documents within agreed deadlines.
Interested? Please send your application letter with an indication of your motivation and experience together with your CV to HRD@emtex.be
(attn. of Mr. Mario De Witte).
St-Gillis-Waas, Flemish Region, Belgium