R&D Product & Process Developer
Our Innovation team
The Innovation department of Bunge Loders Croklaan is active in three segments of the food industry: Confectionary, Bakery and DNS (Dairy, Savoury and Nutrition).
In Bakery, Product and Application specialists are developing new products and process-es that enable new value propositions within the broad variety of Bakery categories and applications.
What is your challenge as R&D Product & Process Developer?
Developing and implementing value adding products and the underlying processes by execution of laboratory research and development work on lipid modifications, (re)formulations and separations.
Why, how and where?
Due to a promotion this job opening is available.
This role combines laboratory work with product design and you will both manage and execute research projects that support the growth strategy of Bunge Loders Croklaan.
The R&D Product & Process Developer will report to the Innovation Manager Bakery and is based in Wormerveer (Greater Amsterdam Region).
Purpose of the Job
- Develop new products and processes, for both customer-oriented and proactive innovation projects;
- Execute laboratory work in chemical and enzymatic lipid modifications, (re)formulations, downstream processing (lipid refining);
- Develop new product concepts that create and support value propositions;
- Proposition and ideation of completely new or improved development projects;
- Reporting of research and development results, scientific reporting & quali-ty/CRM systems;
- Project management of research projects, including supervision and assignment of tasks to team members;
- Technical support of the implementation of new processes and product recipes in the production plant(s);
- Collaboration with other parties, such as CRO's and universities;
- Investigate IP opportunities to protect new products and propositions;
Your knowledge and experience
- MSc+ chemistry, lipid chemistry, organic chemistry, food chemistry, PhD is an added bonus;
- 1-5 yrs of experience in an R&D environment, preferably also B2B; This experi-ence can also be formed by a relevant Internship and/or Thesis.
- Experience and/or knowledge of different types of (lipid) chemical reactions, preferably lipid chemical and enzymatic modifications, downstream processing unit operations (refining, distillation, filtration), and relevant analytical methods. Desire to become an expert in this field;
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing. Dutch language skills are a plus;
- Experience with MS Office;
- Experience or strong affinity with project management;
- Living in the Greater Amsterdam Region or willing to move there;
- You have a methodical and scientific way of working;
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and are self-starting, but also a team player;
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- You are pro-active, an initiator and you take ownership;
- You would describe yourself as a creative person that comes up with new ideas. You have a natural curiosity and a desire to develop your skills and knowledge;
- You have an eye for quality and details;
We ask a lot but also have a very good offer
Working at Bunge Loders Croklaan will give you an exciting job in an international and dynamic environment in which no day will be the same. Currently we have approxi-mately 475 people working at Bunge Loders Croklaan.
The culture that defines us is informal and open. We stimulate the development of our employees by offering training and education. Working independently and taking initia-tives is highly appreciated.
We offer you an excellent remunerations package:
- Competitive start salary based on experience
- Pension fully paid by Bunge Loders Croklaan
- 25 holiday days & 13 ADV days
- Variable Pay (Bonus system)
- Excellent opportunities for training- and development
- Commuting allowance (monthly maximum compensation)
- Flexible working hours
- The head office in Wormerveer (20 km north of Amsterdam) can easily be reached by public transport or car
- We have our own parking lot
Would you like to apply? Please send us your CV and a motivation through the 'Apply' button and mention the vacancy source.
For questions, please e-mail to the Recruiter (Debora de Vries): firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company check our website www.bungeloders.com.
Within the company this position is known as 'Assistant Manager Product Development'.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated
Keywords: Innovation, Life Science, WUR, Gembloux, R&D, Research, Development, laboratory, Food, product, process