Scientist Drug Product Development
Help us HAMAPASAP!
In order to Help As Many As Possible As Soon As Possible (HAMAPASAP) we are expanding our R&D team.
We are looking for a Scientist Drug Product Development for our R&D team in Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
Your role at Micreos
To strengthen our R&D team in Bilthoven we are looking for an ambitious Scientist Drug Product Development for 32-40 hours per week.
You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment. You can work both in a team and individually. You communicate clearly at all levels and you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful way.
As a Scientist Drug Product Development, you contribute to the successful setup, development, qualification and validation of endolysin-based products (including Drug Product related activities outsourced to contractors). You participate in the execution and reporting of Formulation and Process development, Process Characterization, range finding (DoE) and troubleshooting studies. For this purpose, you draft study plans and study reports and ensure these are correctly documented according to current procedures. You act as a Subject matter expert (SME) for Drug Product formulation and associated analytical development. You contribute to the development of MHH as centre of excellence for endolysin-based topical products.
As Scientist Drug Product Development your responsibility will be to:
• Contribute to the design and execution of development plans for semi-solid formulation and process development for pharmaceutical products
• Coordinate in house development and outsourcing activities for semi-solid development and/or manufacturing
• Contribute to training of the Drug Product Team and make recommendations for laboratory equipment selection, purchase, implementation, maintenance, calibration, etc. required to perform in house activities for semi-solid product development
• Report to the Drug Product Development Lead and collaborate with the Drug Substance development team and the Analytical Development Team, all part of the CMC group at Micreos Bilthoven.
More about you and your competences
• At least 5-10 years experience in drug product development (formulation & process development) in an industrial environment.
• Hands-on experience with semi-solid product development (eg gels, creams, ointments). Experience with protein formulation development is a plus.
• Experience with analytical methods required for formulation characterization (eg rheology, density, complex sample preparation).
• Knowledge regarding Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
• Preferably PhD plus industrial experience in formulation development of protein pharmaceuticals and/or semi-solid dosage forms.
• Alternatively, a Master Degree in Pharmacy, Drug Innovation, Biotechnology (or equivalent) followed by at least 3 years industrial experience in semi-solid product development. protein formulation development and/or.
• Experience in statistical methods (e.g., Multivariate Data Analysis, ANOVA)
• Team player
• Strong scientific mind-set
• Pro-active, self-starter
Micreos offers a varied fulltime role within a young and enthusiastic team. The salary offered is in line with market conditions and you will be given the opportunity to make the fullest use of your talents. We offer you an ambitious and pleasant international working environment.
Bacteria are all around us. Most of them are good and protect us, but some can cause irritation or infection. Antibiotics do not distinguish between good and bad bacteria and their use can lead to side effects and resistance. As they have been broadly used - often inappropriately - the emergence of antibiotic-resistant 'superbugs' is now a global concern. On the other hand, it has become evident that our microbiome, comprising billions of beneficial bacteria, is necessary for our health and should be left intact.
Micreos develops the world's first targeted antibacterial products, set to replace antibiotics. The company is viewed as global leader spearheading this exciting new field. With Micreos endolysin technology, for the first time we can kill only the unwanted bacteria - including antibiotic resistant strains - while leaving the beneficial bacteria intact. In addition, research shows that the use of endolysins does not induce resistance. This unlocks a completely new approach in dealing with the bacteria around us - also enabling daily use, as long as needed while preserving the important biodiversity on our skin and in our gut. Based on its technology platform, Micreos has launched several products for inflammatory skin conditions such as acne, eczema and rosacea (brandname: Gladskin) and several food safety products marketed under the Phageguard brand. Micreos is also developing pharmaceutical products. See also www.micreos.com and www.gladskin.com
Is this the role you are looking for?
Our Micreos HR team is looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to have more information on this super exciting role? Please contact the hiring manager; Ethlinn van Gaal via email@example.com or 088 8007100. She is more than happy to tell you all about the role!
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Acquisitions following this vacancy are not appreciated.
Micreos Human Health