Are you a PhD student, postdoc or starting group leader and do you want to enhance your career prospects in academia? Do you wish to improve one of the, if not the most, vital skills to succeed in science? Then join the BCF Grant Application Course on How to write a successful grant application. During this intensive two-day course you will be taught by seasoned scientists with multi-million euro grants, grant application experts who have reviewed hundreds of grants, assessors from funding bodies such as NWO and many more.
This course will cover the following aspects of grant application:
1. How to find the right funding opportunity out of the hundreds of funding options available.
2. How to determine and evaluate suitable topics for a successful grant application.
3. How to write an appealing grant summary to entice people to continue reading.
4. How to structure an application and tips and pointers to make your application successful.
5. Feedback from an experienced grant writer or evaluator on the most important aspect of your grant; the grant summary.
Speakers will include amongst others:
1. Seasoned professors with multi-million euro grants such as Vici, ERC Consolidator or Horizon 2020 grants.
2. Grant application consultants who have reviewed and supported hundreds of grants over their career.
3. Experience stories from early-stage researchers who just obtained successful funding themselves such as Veni, Rubicon, Marie-Curie fellowships or other early stage grants.
4. Professionals from funding bodies such as NWO, Hartstichting or the EU to tell you about their perspective and views on successful grants.
Limited number of spots available. Register on time to secure your spot at by emailing Laura Hillege (l.hillege [at] hyphenprojects.nl). Register before the 1st of September to beneﬁt from the early-bird rate of €775 instead of €895 (excl. VAT). Final registration deadline is the 1st of January.
The course will take place the 17th-18th of January 2019 at Science Park Amsterdam.
This course can be financed fully from your available personal budget because universities and companies value the growth and development of their employees and thus oﬀer them development opportunities.
Click here to register for the BCF Grant Application Course.